|"Ah! Wait a second!" This article contains spoilers! Continue at your own risk!|
|"Oh--" Some part(s) of this article are incomplete. You can help by expanding it.|
|"Did I fall asleep again?" This article is a stub. You can help Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san Wiki by expanding it.|
Kuroto Nakano (中野玄人, Nakano Kuroto) is the protagonist of Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san series.
Kuroto's appearance is an average Japanese working-class man with unkempt black hair that parts on either side, some pieces hanging down the middle, and dark eyes. He is often seen with heavy bags under his eyes due to his work constantly exhausting him.
He wears a blue suit jacket, white polo shirt, blue tie, blue jeans or occasionally at home, a gray T-shirt.
As a child, he was a very cheerful person, and he always enjoyed time with his now deceased grandmother. He now works for an exploitative company, and he is not very happy with his job. He has "The Darkness" around him. He is also a bit of a worrywart and overthinks and overreacts a ton.
The only time he saw Senko was when he got lost in the woods, calling for help, and Senko appeared and helped him find his way back to his Grandmother. In his past life, Senko also cared for him.
Kuroto, a salaryman working for an exploitative company, grows a sudden aura called "darkness", and Senko volunteers to pamper Kuroto to get rid of this aura.
Senko is the Kitsune who assigned to Kuroto to act as his "wife and mother", often pampering him. Senko also prepares meals and cleans for Kuroto.
Shiro is a Kitsune who is assigned to Yasuko Kōenji but still associates often with Kuroto and Senko.
Yasuko is Kuroto's neighbor. Initially, she did not like him as she found him to be constantly raucous and vociferous. After Senko offered to give her the extras from what she cooked as an apology for the constant noise, Yasuko seems to be on good terms with both Kuroto and Senko.
- Kuroto's surname Nakano means "middle" (中) (naka) and "field, wilderness" (野) (no).
- Kuroto is intentionally drawn very plain with no real distinguishing features to allow him to be a stand-in for the audience.
- Kuroto's 'darkness' is likely a metaphor for depression.
- Senko has watched him his whole childhood and wants to care for him, due to the fact that in his past life, Senko couldn't save him, so Senko is determined to serve him and his family.
- He and Yasuko are the only characters in the series with surnames.